Touch Trust are pleased to offer its expertise and training opportunities for individuals and groups of people. The Touch Trust program is recognised and delivered by staff in special schools, community day centres and play groups around the UK. Staff in our member organisations have received training with Touch Trust and the centre in which they run our sessions holds a license for delivery.
Our training can benefit those caring in the disability sector, have an interest in creative arts or have a passion for supporting and empowering others who are multi-sensory learners. Many Community Day Centres and Special Educational Schools have trained their staff to become Touch Trust practitioners and are facilitating Touch Trust sessions under the Membership agreement, others have applied their learning to suit their role and develop their skills and experience.
Alongside our accredited & non accredited course we can also provide bespoke one-off CPD’s for organisations. Our training methods are a hybrid delivery of face to face and online learning.
Please see below the options we can currently offer:
Touch Trust Certificate Course
To become a certified Touch Trust practitioner and individual will need to complete the following two modules:
1) ‘Principles for Movement Studies for Carers,’ this covers the theoretical aspects of the training.
2) ‘Movement studies for Carers,’ which has a focus on practice/placement. This will be delivered over the course of four training days, typically held on monthly Saturdays.
The latter unit could be completed during the placement, which will either take place at Touch Trust, or at an approved Touch Trust Provider Centre.
This course will enable an individual to lead Touch Trust sessions and creative movement education programmes for children and adults with profound and multiple disabilities and other sensory needs.
This course usually takes up to 1 year, with a maximum of 2 years if registered with Agored, to complete but this does depend on the individual learner. The training days are set dates, but the theory and practical side will be flexible around the individual.
Using techniques based on Laban’s creative educational movement, babies, adults, those with profound autism, challenging behaviour, complex needs, dementia and their families are benefitting from Touch Trust sessions everyday. There are proven changes, socially and emotionally. This programme increases happiness through developing communication and social skills, relaxation and wellbeing, circulation and health.
“The Touch Trust Training has really benefitted me in boosting my confidence as a general facilitator, and in trying new facilitation techniques during sessions with participants. I am so grateful to have had this training.” – Anna
Course fee is £650 per person. The training course can be accredited by Agored Level 3 units if requested with an additional cost (£100 for LB53CY008 Principles of Movement Studies for Carers Level 3, 3 credits / £200 for LB53CY009 Movement Studies for Carers Level 3, 6 credits).
Please get in touch to find out more about when our next training course begins.
Bespoke CPD Sessions
Please get in touch with us if you think your organisation would benefit from our bespoke training opportunities.
Price quotes for this training are also bespoke, please contact us via the contact page outlining your goals for the training session.
The Touch Trust method is a licensed programme and must only be facilitated by accredited or trainee session leaders in a registered Provider Member setting.
Being a part of our membership scheme includes:
- Access to one meeting per school term either through visits or through Zoom from Touch Trust staff to assist in the maintenance of ongoing quality control, to provide advice and updates on the Touch Trust Programme and to enhance their partnership with one another;
- Inclusion in Touch Trust’s publicity material as a Touch Trust Centre and valued provider member;
- Updates and invitations on appropriate relevant collaborations with the Wales Millennium Centre;
- Access to CPD sessions delivered either online or at our Touch Trust Centre in the Wales Millennium Centre free for the first two personnel and at a 50% reduction for additional staff members. A programme of CPDs will be developed based on consultation with the membership.
The annual fee for membership organisations is currently £450.