Dilys Price OBE, M.Ed, B.Ed, Hon Fellow, CMU.
1932 – 2020
“I am proud that I have been able to copyright and license the program with the plan to take it to those many more who could benefit from its unique power and beauty. I want to reach the world!” – Dilys Price OBE.
Dilys Price founded Touch Trust in 1996, which became a registered charity in 1998.
Dilys was a truly inspirational woman; her vision and drive enabled many people with complex needs to enjoy and be part of creative activities and projects. Sharing our achievements with the world was always important to Dilys. She took up parachuting in 1986 and carried out more than 1,130 solo jumps around the globe, with her parachute jumps raising thousands of pounds for the various charities she supported.
Dilys was awarded an OBE for her services to people with special needs in 2003. She was honoured for her work at the Pride of Britain awards in 2017, and in 2018 she was included by Wales’ Women’s Equality Network among 50 living women who have influenced Welsh life. She was made an honorary fellow at University of Wales Trinity Saint David in July 2018 and also Cardiff Metropolitan University.
Dilys’ achievements and accolades:
- Founder & retired Director of Touch Trust Charity
- OBE for Services to Special Needs and Education 2002
- Honorary Fellow C.M.U 2011
- Inspire Wales Award for Services to Art in Wales 2012
- Lifetime Achievement Award – National Diversity Awards 2014
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Wales Care Awards 2014
- Guinness World Records Holder 2013 – Worlds Oldest Female Skydiver
- Old & Bold Award Royal Aero Club of Great Britain 2015
- Senior Lecturer in Physical Education, Dance & Special Needs